Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Right Now...

This post was started back in March, and I'm just now finishing it...

I recently looked back on one of my previous posts from a little over a year ago, and was glad to see some detailed information about what Emery was doing at that time. (Here's another one, too.) I keep thinking about how good I've been about getting pictures of Emery, but I haven't been as good at specifically recording the different things she was doing at different stages. So I want to use this blog to help with some of that. 

So, here are some of the things that Emery is doing (or saying) now...

1) I made up a little song with her name, and she has started singing it. But she says "Emery Elibazeth"

2) When she has an itch, she tells me that she has bugs. I'm sure that it started with a mosquito or something, but every time that she says it, I wonder if her teachers think that she's dirty.

3) 

Well, that was all I had written, and I'm glad that I had even that little bit, because I'd already forgotten about the bugs. And I don't know if I had a #3 in mind already, but if I did, I don't remember what it would have been. Another reminder for me to record these stories, and just what's going on, more often.

So for now, in June:

1) She currently likes watching "Caillou" and Disney movies. Her current favorite is Cinderella. I love that she calls her "Cindery-rella." So cute.

2) Of course, Frozen is a favorite, too. I think it is for most little girls, from what I've heard. This includes wanting a braid -"on my neck", singing "Let It Go" (with the hand motions), and watching YouTube videos of random girls singing "Let It Go." 

3) She catches a lot of what is going on around her and is really into people's names. When American Idol was on, her favorites were Alex and Jena. She remembered their names from week to week, and asked where they were. She knew the last names of a lot of her school friends.

4) She's learned that red means stop and green means go. Yesterday, I was pulling up behind a line of cars where the light had just turned green, so I had to stop. She said, "What are you doing? It's green." I tried explaining it to her, that you can't go right away, the light had just been red, but she was adamant that it was green. (Which leads to another topic...how extremely odd it is to see yourself in your child.)

5) Our typical morning routine right now is that when she wakes up, she sits on my lap for a few minutes, watching whichever show or movie she's requested, drinking her milk, before we get dressed. I know those times won't be possible for much longer, so I enjoy it while I can.

6) She has pretty strong opinions about what she wears right now. Some days I can get by with giving her 2 or 3 choices of shirts that she's not too crazy about, and some days it HAS to be what she wants. She currently is into dresses. You know, because she's a princess.

7) We attended 3 weddings within about a month back in the spring, and her teacher got married around the same time, so she was really into noticing when people were wearing fancy dresses. The other day she saw one of our wedding pictures and told Jason that that was when Mommy got married. Jason was like, "I was there, too," but she didn't buy it.





1 comment:

  1. Love this! I am so glad you are taking the time to put this in print! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete